v0.2.3 - Renaming Boards!
It's been awhile since my last update; apologies! In between then and now, I reinstalled my OS on my development computer, which took me down for a couple of days. It required more work than anticipated to bring both it and my own motivation back up to 100%, especially with this Coronavirus stuff throwing me out of my groove. Everything's working pretty well now, though, which is good.
In other news, MasterPlan v0.2.3 has released! No huge features, but now you can rename Boards, which should prove useful for those making extensive use of Boards. The next thing to add is the ability to rearrange them - I would most likely put the controls in the same area of the screen, at the top-right. If it seems to become crowded (like I envision it might), then I can make all of the controls available in a hide-able panel to help save screenspace.
The text input system for textboxes has been overhauled to allow usage for Unicode characters, thereby allowing you to use common non-English characters, like À or Æ .The font has also been changed to a brand new one of my own creation, Excel, which you can get for free on Fontstruct here - I'm unsure as to if I'm going to reupload it here on itch.io, but it seems like it could be a good idea to help spread it around. Note that I'm designing the font entirely myself, so not every character for every Latin-based language is implemented currently. Let me know on the forums if a specific language that you're using is missing characters, and I can see about the feasibility of implementing the characters for that language specifically next.
Anyway, that's the big stuff; nothing too major, but quite a bit of work went into the textbox updates, which was necessary. At some point in the nearing future, I'd like to improve the usability of editing Tasks and finally bring the process directly into the overview so you don't have to open an editing window for Tasks.
Anyway, here's the full changelog:
- You can now disable the splashscreen on startup. Much like automatically loading projects, this is a global setting that applies for all projects as long as it's enabled, though it's under Project Settings for now.
- You can now rename Boards. Adding a button for this, the Rename button, to the right of the currently active Board.
- Adding the Cloudy theme.
- MasterPlan's text rendering is now Unicode character compliant (this means that common Latin characters for non-English languages like À or Æ can be typed and display correctly).
- Switching out the font from Monaco to my own, Excel. You can currently download Excel for free here: https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1748204/excel-4
- FIX: Can't release mouse over status bar.
- FIX: Selection rectangle offset over the individual characters when selecting text in Textbox.
- FIX: Text selection and highlighting improved, fixed for center-aligned text.
- FIX: Task and its clone share deadline properties.
- FIX: Can't choose image files to load on Mac.
Well, that's about it. Thanks again for supporting development on MasterPlan and giving feedback, and I hope to continue development on things to help make the tool invaluable to developers in the future.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.